Facebook Twitter YouTube My Space Linked In Blogger
Create Account

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

AMAZON.COM PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THIS LINK HELP SUPPORT AFM

FlightPath Psychopath.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 RookActual

RookActual

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 873 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Will depend on how people want to play. Comp lists are not going to be pretty. But then again how often in a comp has Han fought Han, Vader had some Vader on Vader action, pilots use R2D2 who would never have got to etc.
Both are games and will be dodgy if people play them like a game. I have less problem with mercenary/allied lists in A-wing than I do fighting an Imp on Imp game in x-Wing.
I was talking to a mate about this and they said ' at least I'll get to use all the bloody ships' as he referenced the ships in X-Wing sitting in the case that he never used but got for the cards.

Well, the Trek universe is filled with stories of allies-of-convenience, so it's not even that far fetched for it. You're also less likely to have mirror matches or worse: clone matches. I just enjoy the challenge of trying to have a purpose for it. Why is Donatra commanding a Cardassian Galor-class alongside the Enterprise-D? It stretches the canon for me, and the primary reason I pick up these games is because of the universe they're from.

Rogue Nine
AmOkN.png

#22 ArthurVolts

ArthurVolts

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Games I Play:X-wing Miniatures, Star Trek: Attack Wing

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

I'm surprised you can use cross faction so freely for tournaments. The 1 point penalty does't seem enough, but I'm glad to see the Dominion weapons with the +5 point cross faction increase or not being able to cross faction at all.

#23 RookActual

RookActual

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

It's WizKids. Their logic is that such limitations shouldn't be placed on the game.

Rogue Nine
AmOkN.png

#24 ArthurVolts

ArthurVolts

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'm hesitant trusting the logic of a company who brought us a final product of lesser quality, terrible card stock and a clumsy layout for the cards. I think it was designed by someone who uses their left hand. I keep wanting to flip through the upgrades quickly to see which is which, but I guess us rightys can't have it our way all the time. heh

#25 RookActual

RookActual

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

I'm hesitant trusting the logic of a company who brought us a final product of lesser quality, terrible card stock and a clumsy layout for the cards. I think it was designed by someone who uses their left hand. I keep wanting to flip through the upgrades quickly to see which is which, but I guess us rightys can't have it our way all the time. heh

WK leans a lot heavier on organized play than any other company I know other than maybe Wizards, but I still think WK focuses it on it more than even Wizards. They began with HeroClix, and given the environment of comic book characters and their fluid alliances, they didn't force teams and this carried through into all the other games. They will most likely, in a future release, come up with bonuses to reward players who stick to a faction. Every game they've made thus far has done so. MageKnight and MechWarrior included.

Rogue Nine
AmOkN.png

#26 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Well, the Borg hit in April. We will see where I am financially, or if I can resist. 

#27 RookActual

RookActual

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Well, the Borg hit in April. We will see where I am financially, or if I can resist.

Oh? You think like I do, that we'll see them at the end of the current OP cycle? Or has new information come to light?

Rogue Nine
AmOkN.png

#28 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=53IEWglY5tA

2:00 min in.

#29 RookActual

RookActual

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Gee, WK, what about a expansion that includes the ships in the starter? You'd think by APRIL you'd at least see a Galaxy. Guess we won't see a Sovereign until 2015 at this rate.

Rogue Nine
AmOkN.png

#30 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Considering they are spitting out 4 ships every two months, I wouldn't be worried. This wave apparently ends initial batch of 27 ships. Will likely get info next year of the following ships. Though it does point out to the problems with how they are doing the factions. The Federation will have the most diversity of ships. Whereas, I don't see the Kazon or Species 8471 getting too many ships.

#31 RookActual

RookActual

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 873 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

They'll probably make a 'fringe' faction...not that I care. Very doubtful that I'll be buying Kazon or 8472 unless they have useful gear on them. Fact is, I probably won't buy Fed until I see a Sovereign or an Akira. I'm just now deciding what to do beyond Romulans, whether I go Dominion or Klingon. Probably Dominion, though, because I don't really like D7s or NeghVars, just so ugly.

Rogue Nine
AmOkN.png

#32 Chargers

Chargers

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

So does this mean we can combine the two systems?

Players on a few sites have already done so.  Once you get past the visual of two universes mixing, it sounds like it worked pretty well and was fun.  I haven't done it yet, but would like to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Banner