Facebook Twitter YouTube My Space Linked In Blogger
Create Account

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

AMAZON.COM PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THIS LINK HELP SUPPORT AFM

Getting generic ships cheap.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SteT

SteT

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationLeeds
  • Games I Play:X-wing Miniatures, Star Trek: Attack Wing

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

I've bought each expansion so far and will continue to do so in order to get tokens and cards etc.

However, I had decided that for my generic versions of ships I'd buy Tactics ships.

With the number of bases I have from the expansions alone I shouldn't need to buy any new ones.

So I was scouring ebay in the UK and I did pick up a couple of cheap models but on the whole a lot of the ships were very close to the Attack Wing price with some models going as much as almost double the price.

Anyway I decided to look on ebay usa and found a seller that would send them to the uk for $9.99 plus $0.50 for each figure after the first.

Sounded good to me so I ordered the following:

An Apnex Romulan Science vessel
A Gor Portas Breen Cruiser
A Koraga Klingon BOP

All told postage included they cost me £10.91,a bargain. I'll let you know if they come through ok but they say it will be a couple of weeks.

#2 RookActual

RookActual

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 873 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Yeah, the issue with some of the Tactics ships is they do have a rarity, seeing as it is a sealed booster game.

Rogue Nine
AmOkN.png

#3 SteT

SteT

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yeah I understand about the rarity of some and I'm ok with that the thing that gets me is the price differential between the uk and usa.

I know we often benefit a bit by the exchange rate but in this instance the ships cost $17.11 (£10.91 after exchange) from the usa and the cheapest I could find them here was £15.57 if you discount postage costs from this it's $7.12 vs £12.97 almost twice as cheap even ignoring the exchange rate.

I just don't understand it. Well actually I do as I've got a degree in Economics but I still find it weird that I can get the goods shipped to me cheaper from the states than buying them from a place just 20 miles away from where I live.

#4 RookActual

RookActual

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 873 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Yeah I understand about the rarity of some and I'm ok with that the thing that gets me is the price differential between the uk and usa.I know we often benefit a bit by the exchange rate but in this instance the ships cost $17.11 (£10.91 after exchange) from the usa and the cheapest I could find them here was £15.57 if you discount postage costs from this it's $7.12 vs £12.97 almost twice as cheap even ignoring the exchange rate.I just don't understand it. Well actually I do as I've got a degree in Economics but I still find it weird that I can get the goods shipped to me cheaper from the states than buying them from a place just 20 miles away from where I live.

I think I 'understand' it, too...anyways, good luck. I've considered doing similar, myself. Also, thought about using some of the ships to make debris and what not. I really just want Akiras more than anything. I'll start a Fed fleet when that happens.

Rogue Nine
AmOkN.png

#5 Bigdoggrulzz

Bigdoggrulzz

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

what s so special about the Akira's?

was it in one of the shows?

#6 RookActual

RookActual

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 873 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

what s so special about the Akira's?

was it in one of the shows?

Well, fluff-wise, they're the largest of the Federation 'warship' classes(Defiant, Steamrunner, Sabre, Norway and Akira.) Basically, each of these ships showed up to fight the Borg in First Contact. Akira class was just really cool looking, and was designed to be an aircraft carrier, although this is only ever seen on Star Trek Online. It's also loaded down with torpedoes launchers.

Rogue Nine
AmOkN.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Banner