Facebook Twitter YouTube My Space Linked In Blogger
Create Account

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

AMAZON.COM PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THIS LINK HELP SUPPORT AFM

[Ships] TIE Fighter Series Variants

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts
  • Games I Play:X-wing Miniatures

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Here are some TIE Fighter variants.

Ship: Advanced Project Ship
Type: Aerial Unit
Class: Starfighter
Base Size: 40mm x 40mm square
Maneuver Dial: X-Wing
a1AdvancedProjectShipRepublicNew_zps4e39  a2AdvancedProjectShipTradeFederationNew_

Rogue Four

#2 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Ship: T.I.E. Fighter and TIE Infiltrator

Notes: The TIE Infiltrator action bar has the Stealth action icon.
b1TIEFighterNew_zps9accd3de.png  b2TIEInfiltratorNew_zpsf1a65a0e.png

Stealth Action Rules
Ships with the Stealth icon in their action bar may perform the Stealth action, which allows them to move laterally, forward, or backward and adjust their position while still facing the same direction.  To perform a stealth action, follow these steps:
1. Take the 1 Straight maneuver template.
2. Place one end of the template against either the left, right, forward, or rear edge of the ship’s base.  (The template may be placed anywhere along the edge of the ship’s base as long as no part of the template goes beyond the edge of the base.)
3. Holding the template firmly in place, lift the ship off the play surface.  Then place the ship at the opposite end of the template, making sure no part of the template goes beyond any edge of the base.  The front of the ship must face the same direction it was facing when it started the stealth action.
A ship cannot perform a stealth action if this would cause its base to overlap another ship or obstacle token.  The player may measure to see if the ship can perform a stealth action before committing to this action.

Rogue Four

#3 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Ship: TIE Fighter
cTIEFighterNew_zpsab7c53f6.png

Rogue Four

#4 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Ship: TIE/ln Fighter
Maneuver Dial: TIE Fighter
d1TIElnFighterImperialNew_zps9fe9588e.pn  d2TIElnFighterRebelNew_zpsffc1c711.png

d3TIElnFighterNewRepublicNew_zps493748e0  d4TIElnFighterGalacticAllianceNew_zps47a

Rogue Four

#5 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Ship: modified TIE/ln Fighter
eEclipticEvadersTIElnFighterNew_zps7967a

Rogue Four

#6 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Ship: modified TIE/ln Fighter
f1FlyingBanthaSquadronTIElnFighterNew_zp  f2ModifiedLasers_zps7eb2caff.png

Rogue Four

#7 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Ship: TIE/gt Fighter
Maneuver Dial: Y-Wing
g1TIEgtFighterNew_zpsb63d364d.png  g2TIEgtFighterOrdnanceUpgrade_zps7924621

g3ClusterBombsMrlsst_zpsff7c7b9a.png  g3ClusterBombsYavin_zpsfe700aac.png

Cluster Bomb Token Reference Card
Cluster bomb tokens are bomb tokens. Bomb tokens DETONATE as described on their corresponding Upgrade cards, producing one of the following effects.

Cluster Bomb Token: When this bomb token detonates, deal 1 facedown Damage card to each ship at Range 1 of the token.  Then discard this token.

Rogue Four

#8 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Ship: TIE Light Duty
hTIELightDutyNew_zps80f617e3.png

Rogue Four

#9 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Ship: TIE/rc Fighter

Notes: The action bar has the Sensor Scan action icon.
iTIErcFighterNew_zps68913c82.png

Sensor Scan Action Rules

Ships with the Sensor Scan icon in their action bar may perform the Sensor Scan action.  The player may either choose 1 enemy ship at Range 1-2 and look at that ship’s chosen maneuver or Acquire a Target Lock.  If you Acquire a Target Lock the blue target lock token must be placed on another friendly ship at Range 1-3.  The player may measure to see if the ship can perform a sensor scan action before committing to this action. 

Rogue Four

#10 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Ship: TIE/fc Fighter

jTIEfcFighterNew_zps43a8871c.png

Sensor Scan Action Rules

Ships with the Sensor Scan icon in their action bar may perform the Sensor Scan action.  The player may either choose 1 enemy ship at Range 1-2 and look at that ship’s chosen maneuver or Acquire a Target Lock.  If you Acquire a Target Lock the blue target lock token must be placed on another friendly ship at Range 1-3.  The player may measure to see if the ship can perform a sensor scan action before committing to this action.

Rogue Four

#11 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Ship: TIE Vanguard
Maneuver Dial: TIE Interceptor

kTIEVanguardNew_zps125f2f92.png

Sensor Scan Action Rules

Rogue Four

#12 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Ship: TIE Stealth

Notes: The action bar has the Stealth action icon.
lTIEStealthNew_zpsa2fbca54.png

Stealth Action Rules
Ships with the Stealth icon in their action bar may perform the Stealth action, which allows them to move laterally, forward, or backward and adjust their position while still facing the same direction.  To perform a stealth action, follow these steps:
1. Take the 1 Straight maneuver template.
2. Place one end of the template against either the left, right, forward, or rear edge of the ship’s base.  (The template may be placed anywhere along the edge of the ship’s base as long as no part of the template goes beyond the edge of the base.)
3. Holding the template firmly in place, lift the ship off the play surface.  Then place the ship at the opposite end of the template, making sure no part of the template goes beyond any edge of the base.  The front of the ship must face the same direction it was facing when it started the stealth action.
A ship cannot perform a stealth action if this would cause its base to overlap another ship or obstacle token.  The player may measure to see if the ship can perform a stealth action before committing to this action.

Rogue Four

#13 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Ship: Super TIE/ln Fighter
Maneuver Dial: TIE Interceptor
mSuperTIElnFighterNew_zps8f070fc6.png

Rogue Four

#14 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Ship: TIE/D Automated Fighter
nTIEDAutomatedFighterNew_zps71e951f9.png

Rogue Four

#15 Tom

Tom

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Games I Play:X-wing Miniatures, Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

that tie droid fighter looks really cool

#16 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Why not make a Modification card (now that we know it exists) call stealth and make it available for any ship? Seems like almost any craft can have it now, and given the passive abilities do you really need an action to perform 'stealth'?

#17 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'd rather have only specific ships able to make use of the stealth action. JustinKase created the Stealth action for the Stealth-X to be like a barrel roll in any direction to simulate that the ship was nearly invisible due to a special hull coating. So far I've used the Stealth action on the Stealth-X, the TIE Stealth, and the TIE Reconnaissance Fighter, all of which have this special kind of hull coating. I'm not really sure how you could model the passive abilities of the special hull coating, other than a Stealth-type action, except to give the ships higher agility ratings.
Rogue Four

#18 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Kind of wish the TIE/rc was a little more distinct. About the only functional difference between the /Rc and the Vanguard is the presence of shields on the latter. How about we just merge the two and designate the Vanguard TIE/rc? Unless we designate it to look like something else?

I like the idea that the empire had to do creative retrofitting of their TIEs to fill some fleet specific roles. If I were tackling them I wouldn't have made them much more diverse than the base TIE/ln, but maybe lowered their capabilities. For the TIE/gt as an example, take out barrel roll since the bomb rack would have increased the mass. They aren't really dogfighters either and are harder to press into a space attack role than TIE Bombers.

I also didn't want to give anything too complicated when coming up with new systems to represent fighter capabilities. For the Vanguard and /fc for example, I'd just give them the ability to transfer their target locks to other fighters when the /fc acquires one. Essentially they can use their action to give one fighter in range (3 max) a target lock. This lets that fighter perform a focus, take advantage of the donated target lock, and improve their hits. Sure it puts the /fc at risk to do this but the nature of the /fc is impractical anyway.

#19 JayRhea

JayRhea

Rogue Squadron

• Rogue Squadron
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

The functional differences between the TIE/rc and TIE Vanguard: the TIE/rc uses a TIE Fighter maneuver dial and has no shields while the TIE Vanguard uses a TIE Interceptor dial and has 1 shield point. As they are two separate variants established in Star Wars canon I won't be combining them.

The TIE/gt has less firepower and is less maneuverable than the standard TIE Fighter so its firepower is 1 and its agility is 2. It has Focus and Target Lock for actions and doesn't have Barrel Roll or Evade.

The sensor lock action I came up with is basically a target lock-type action that you can pass on to another ship but it can't be used by the ship that actually makes the lock. So the fighter that makes use of the sensor lock is able to perform a focus, take advantage of the donated sensor lock, and improve their hits. I felt this was a good way to simulate a reconnaissance type of action.
Rogue Four

#20 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

What's the justification for the Vanguard using an Interceptor dial? It was conceived before the interceptor engines were devised. It's basically a souped-up TIE Fighter with a cheap shield generator and an advanced sensor suite- probably powered from the surplus energy from that missing laser cannon. Wookiepedia says the TIE/RC was somehow more maneuverable over the standard TIE, though I feel the best way to represent this is to give the /rc the ability of generating two dodge maneuvers per action.

I guess I can understand the reduced agility of the /gt, but bear in mind that it is not lugging around two over-sized pods and longer solar panels. Mass is a consideration but not a handicap. I'd say take out barrel rolling and give more red movement points for extreme turns, as well as reducing the attack to 1 (for one laser as you say), but otherwise keep it close to the TIE fighter for which it's derived. Give it one torpedo slot for the limited magazine and would allow it to carry bombs.

Why not let the /fc take advantage of it's own advanced sensor suite? It's not going to be doing much with it on it's own, except allowing you to re-roll your one die at like a maximum of two times (three if the sensor suite gives dual sensor locks), but the most you're going to do out of it is two damage, and that's IF you have a critical, and IF it is the 2 damage point card, and IF the target has no shields left. Make an equipment item for targeting suite, allow it two target locks for one action and to give to other fighters, then say "Restricted to TIE/fc, TIE/sc, TIE Vanguard, and TIE scout". None of these fighters are going to be front-and-center combat roles and are really there for only fluff or interesting support options that aren't reliant on hero space pilots.

Ideally these scout and fire control fighters would be hanging on the fringes of the battle and enhancing TIE swarms until they're shot down. They'd be prime targets, but that isn't so bad because your support fighter would be your weakest hitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Banner