ransburger

vassal module

5 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

I'm planning on starting a module for armada now that FFG is regularly posting news articles about the game.  

I did some basic searching on the internet for top views of the assault frigate and the gladiator and came up empty.  I'm not familiar with those ships, or where they came from, or where to find good images of them.  Can someone in the community who knows these ships better than me point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ransburger

New ships indeed.

Good to know more people working on VASSAL modules. I'm hoping to see an Imperial Assault VASSAL module.

The Gladiator was introduced in the Droids cartoon, if I'm not mistaken.

Assault Frigate, I think it was the X-Wing/Tie Fighter games, but the Mk2 I have no idea. I believe there is a 3 view of on those "complete" starships of the galaxy books.

Cheers,

New ships indeed.

Good to know more people working on VASSAL modules. I'm hoping to see an Imperial Assault VASSAL module.

The Gladiator was introduced in the Droids cartoon, if I'm not mistaken.

Assault Frigate, I think it was the X-Wing/Tie Fighter games, but the Mk2 I have no idea. I believe there is a 3 view of on those "complete" starships of the galaxy books.

Cheers,

There is one!  All the details (link to the module download, link to an instructional YouTube video) are here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1308588/vassal-imperial-assault-skirmish

The Assault Frigate Mk1 was in the X-Wing games. The Assault MK2 is from Empire At War. I'll see if I can get a top down screen here in a second.

Otherwise BulldogUK has built one to X-Wing scale from scratch and might be able to get you some top down images. He's got a thread in the customs section of the forums here.